The tires on your automobile wear out and must be replaced on a regular basis. As a driver, it is very important that you know when it is time to replace the tires. When worn out tires remain on your vehicle, it causes a variety of problems that affect driving ability and the safety of everyone on the road. Signs that it is time to replace the tires west seattle on your car include:
· If the tread depth on the tires falls below 1/16th, it is time to replace them. Without proper tread, it is not easy to drive on slick surfaces.
· Take a look at the tread wear indicator bar. The bars are visible on the tires when they are new but wear as the tire ages. If the tread bar indicates that it is time to get new tires, make that call.
· Are there cracks or breaks in the firewall of the tires? If so you know the time to call a professional to get new tires has come.
· Do you see bulges on the tires? Are there large knots in the tires? If so, this is yet another sign that it is time to get new tires.
· If the tires shake and vibrate when you’re driving, the tires are likely the culprit and replacement will resolve the problem. Vibrating tires are very dangerous and a problem that shouldn’t be ignored.
Most tires have a lifetime of 25,000 – 50,000 miles but this does vary considerably from one brand and tire model to the next. When the signs indicate the need for replacement tires, make sure that you pick up the phone and call a professional to get the new tires that will keep you safely driving down the road.